Each therapist has vast amounts of training in their specialist fields and have a passion to implement this knowledge into their working practices and training sessions. Training both received and delivered includes:
· SCERTS- Research based educational approach and multidisciplinary framework that directly addressed the core challenges for those with ASD and their families.
· PECS- Picture exchange communication aid for children with ASD and other conditions.
· TEACCH- Supporting those with ASD and other conditions using visual strategies and structure.
· Pyramid- “Creating effective teaching environments”
· Pyramid –“Supporting individuals with Asperger’s”
· Intensive interaction- An approach to teaching the pre speech fundamentals of communication
· Attention Autism- Teaching communication and new skills through engaging, practical and fun activities.
· SPELL- Framework used to understand the underlying needs of those with ASD and related conditions.
· Elkan – Helping people working with those with SLCN to support their communication in the classroom.
· ICAN- A range of researched approaches to supporting SLCN.
· Caroline Bowen- Researched framework to support speech production skills.
· Michael Palin PCI- Caregiver programme to facilitate smooth speech in those who are stammering.
· ABA- Framework to identify communication breakdown and how best to support it.
· Makaton- Supporting verbal language with sign.
· PCI (Parent Child Interaction) – Play based approach to enhance speech language and communication skills.
· Colourful Semantics- Colour coded system to support and structure SLCN.
· DIR Floortime- Child lead approach to play and interaction.